Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kids are so intriguing

DUH Anna!!
Sometimes a child's words are so straight forward and non-figurative, it throws us older people for a loop. This was really funny to me so I thought I'd share.

I was talking on the phone with one of my nieces and I asked her how she was doing. She let me know about the weather warming up, and the ability to go outside and play, and how she got to ride her bike with her Mom and Dad. As she continued on she told me how excited she was and proud that she gave a talk in primary. This is sort of the script of the conversation. Me: So what else is new with you? Niece: I got to give a talk in primary/nursery! Me: Oh yeah? Cool! What did you give your talk on? Niece: On the microphone. ~momentary pause. I was baffled at her wit~ Me: Ha ha, what was your talk about? Niece: It was about Responsibility... (and so on and so on)

The little Blondie

I was trying so hard to hold in my laughter. After all, she answered the question correctly. She did give a talk on (into) the microphone. Ahhh, if I could only hear half of the things she says in a day..... what a character.

1 comment:

sheila said...

hahaha, she's funny.

About Me

My photo
I have graduated from BYU. I majored in Visual Arts- Graphic Design, and minored in Business Management. I am currently working for a company doing design work for them, but I am still freelance so let me know if you are in need. I love to play, bake, and spend time with my family and friends.