Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pressure

I'm sure we're all in the same boat when I say that I've got a full plate in my life right now. There are many pressures in my life including school, projects, church callings, jobs, and other stuff. This is one reason why I haven't posted to my blog in a long time. Though that is a major part, it shouldn't be an excuse. However, I am proud to say, that I have an additional means of expression though and it demanded a lot of my computer time. Last semester I had an interactive design class where I learned the basics of web design along with html and CSS coding. I was able to create a portfolio website which is fully online now. Please feel free to browse my work. If you need any freelance work, or are looking to hire a graphic designer, keep in mind that I graduate in April this year!

Back to the subject of pressure- my oldest brother is pretty good at blogging and he actually runs a few businesses via the web. If you need to get in shape, check out his SuperHuman Fitness site. Do you love the ocean? Surf over to Sponge Life, a photography blog about featuring some of the best body boarding spots on Oahu. If you're more of a land-dweller, perhaps this site will suit you. As I've been trying to help him with a photo-viewing feature, I realized (as well as him reminding me) that I haven't made a new post for a very long time. My brother told me, visits my blog more than I do, and I bet he's right. So he has pressured me to finally make a post. So how about a list of sorts with maybe a little detailed information here and there to get you up to date? I'll throw in a few pictures here and there too. I'll do my best to pick up from where I left off.




* Halloween- pumpkins carved as Sesame Street's Burt & Ernie. My costume? I was a member of the Motor Pool in the Dharma Initiative (LOST).

*November- here comes the cold.



*Bookbinding- I fell in love with making hand-made books fall semester and tried to spend as much time as possible in the studio working on many books.



*Thanksgiving- I was so thankful to be home with my family and to have a break from school. My sister, her husband and daughter were able to spend the holiday with us too before returning to Hawaii after a successful time in the mainland working with Pinnacle Security.



*I got to design the coveted BYU Intramural Champion T-shirt for this new year.

*Tweet- Charles Barkley, "Anyone who uses Twitter is a loser." I have been sucked in and you can follow my (pretty seldom) tweets right here right now! And I still like Sir Charles.

*Graphic Design Online- my portfolio site is www.annabasso.com



*Christmas- The break was great. I often slept in, played with family. My brother Levon, and his kids came from Hawaii for a long visit! Also, my brother Dan, his family were home too. It was great having 4 of my 5 siblings all together for Christmas. I enjoyed the warmer weather by stand-up paddling. It's called "Land Paddling" and it's a great workout. After Christmas SLC, Temple Square, Shopping, Tubing, and Welfare Square are always a highlight.


*The annual gingerbread house- creativity increases with less resources.




*MLK Jr. Day with Dan and his Chair Ski- a wheelchair mounted on skis, comfortable-sturdy-fast-fun. See the videos.

*Racquetball- I'm really taking a liking to this sport. I played in a tournament and won, and I just got my own racquet. My brother Mike and I play as often as time permits.

*LOST- the final season has begun... hey aren't questions supposed to be answered because so far, only more have risen?


*Letterpress- my new favorite class. I can see myself doing this by trade!





*St. George Parade of Homes- it was an interesting tour this year, and I've found my home in St. George! It's only 2.1 million.

*Winter Olympics- I hardly find time to watch any TV these days, but I must admit that I'll be getting less studying in for the next week or so. Super-G, luge, curling, it's all great!

*Focus- I'm doing my best to deter senioritis (which if you really broke it down, would be inflammation of the senior) am I inflamed? While trying to work hard, I am excited because I graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree in April 2010!

Wow, I really should blog more. For one, not everyone may have the time to read these giant posts (GOOD JOB IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR), and two it's fun to recap highlights and just journalize a little.

Until next time.... hopefully sooner than later.

5 comments:

sheila said...

I guess I'm a loser too. But haven't twittered in a few days.

I must have lots of time too.. I read the whole thing.

One thing that helps me blog is that I pretend it's an outlined version of a detailed journal {meaning not too personal} and then at the end of the year I print it out in a book and VIOLA- I have a journal just like that.

Good luck with school Anner, hang in there. Can you believe I actually was thinking of taking tests the other day {filling in the abcd bubbles} and I MISSED IT!? what? crazy, I know.

Levon said...

Haha, 'inflammation of the senior'. Yeah, 'seniorosis' would probably be more descriptively correct.

(BTW, Sheila, we're going to have to have a conversation about string instruments and french words ;), haha!)

Levon said...

And hooray for free business plugs! Thanks sister :)!

Anna said...

Haha, that's because her lingo was learned by Scuttle. That's how he says it to Ariel.

Levon said...

The chair skiing looks fun but also like it has serious potential for serious bodily pain, btw.

About Me

My photo
I have graduated from BYU. I majored in Visual Arts- Graphic Design, and minored in Business Management. I am currently working for a company doing design work for them, but I am still freelance so let me know if you are in need. I love to play, bake, and spend time with my family and friends.